Erin James-Crook is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT–KA). This means that she:
- Excelled on the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers Knowledge Assessed examination, missing only 6 of 250 questions. **
- Adheres to the organization’s strict Code of Ethics.
- Earns at least 36 continuing education credits every three years to re–certify.
Other credentials include:
- Approved as AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
- Licensed as Delta Society Pet Partners Team Evaluator
- Certified in American Red Cross Pet First Aid
- Professional Member, Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT)
- Member, Carolina Trainers Forum
- APDT Annual Educational Conference — '07, '08, '10
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants Conference — '09
- Clicker Expo — ‘07, ’10, ’13, ‘14, '16
- Five–day "Tellington Touch Training for Companion Animals" workshop
- Quarterly meetings of Trainers Forum
** The CCPDT is an international testing and certification program for professional pet dog trainers and the only independent certification. As such, the certification is neither tied to membership in any organization nor to graduation from a specific school. A taskforce of nationally known dog training professionals and behaviorists worked for three years to research and develop the psychometrically sound, comprehensive written examination. To sit for the exam, trainers must have at least 300 hours of dog training experience within the last five years, 225 of which must be spent as Head Trainer or Instructor. National test sites are professionally secured and moderated by Professional Testing Corporation.
Back to Credentials